Terms and Conditions – Prize Draw
- Entry to the prize draw is free. No purchase necessary.
- The prize draw will take place on 16th May 2022.
- The prizes are as follows: 1st prize £1000 (one thousand pounds), 2nd prize £750, 3rd prize £500 donation in the form of a cheque made payable to the winner’s chosen Eligible Charities (“the Donation”).
- The Promoter is Ansvar Insurance, a business division of Ecclesiastical Insurance Office Plc (Company Registered Number: 24869) of Benefact House, 2000 Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth, Gloucester, GL3 4AW.
- Eligible Charity is any charity or non-for-profit organisation registered with the Charity Commission in the UK or in the Republic of Ireland, or the OSCR in Scotland, that DOES NOT: (a) discriminate unlawfully in any way, as determined by the sole discretion of the Promoter; (b) support any specific political party or affiliated group; (c) relate to any controversial subject matter that is contrary to the values and expectations of the Promoter.
- All entrants must be 18 or over
- Entries must be made by completing a form with your name and email address and the charity who would receive the donation if successful. In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. Multiple entries per person are permitted.
- Placing a quote with the Promotor is an entry into the prize draw and is acceptance of these terms and conditions. Entry to the prize draw will start at 8.30am on 11th May 2022 at the BIBA exhibition. The closing date and time for entries is 3pm on 12th May 2022. The Promoter will accept no responsibility for un-submitted entries. Illegible or late entries will be void and will not be accepted.
- By entering the prize draw, you hereby consent to the Promoter processing your personal data for the purposes of running this prize draw, for announcing the winners of the prize draw on the Promoter’s social media pages and by email.
- This prize draw is not open to employees of the Promoter or any person directly or indirectly involved with the organisation of the prize draw.
- The Promoter’s liability under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be limited to the Donation, except that the Promoter does not exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law or regulation.
- The winner of the prize draw will be selected at random by a member of the Promoter unconnected with the prize draw. The winner will be notified by email by 5pm on 17th May 2022. If for any reason the winner cannot be contacted or located at the time, the prize will be forfeited and another winner may be selected at random.
- The cheque will be delivered by the Promoter directly to the winner made payable to the Eligible Charity of the winner’s choice following confirmation of the registered charity number and checking whether the charity is in line with the Promoter’s charity giving policy. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner may be required for and contacted in relation to promotional activity. You agree to participate in any such reasonable publicity required by the Promoter. Ecclesiastical will not be responsible for any inability of the selected Eligible Charity to take up the Donation.
- There is no cash alternative to the cheque and the Donation is not transferable.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the prize draw. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other in connection with the Donation.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this prize draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control.
- This prize draw will be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Your privacy is important to us. The controller in respect of the personal data which we may hold about you is Ecclesiastical Insurance Office plc who you can contact via the Data Protection Officer, at Benefact House, 2000 Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth, Gloucester, GL3 4AW or email email@example.com.
We collect your personal data and information that you provide on your entry submission. This information may include basic personal details such as your name, email and occupation.
We will process your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
We will use your personal data for the purposes of running this prize draw, for announcing the winners of the prize draw on our website, social media pages and by email. We will process your personal data on the legal basis that the processing is necessary for our legitimate business need to promote and administer the competition and your participation in the competition via your entry submission.
You have the right to request a copy of all the personal data that we hold about you in a Subject Access Request in writing to our Data Protection Officer at Benefact House, 2000 Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth, Gloucester, GL3 4AW or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal data that we may hold about you.