Terms and Conditions - April 2022 Ansvar customer services survey
Terms and Conditions – 2022 Ansvar customer services survey (“the Survey”)
- Entry into the Survey is free. No purchase necessary.
- The Survey will take place from Tuesday 19th April 2022 up to Friday 29th April 2022 (“the Survey Period”)
- The Promoter is: Ansvar Insurance, a business division of Ecclesiastical Insurance Office Plc (Company Registered Number: 24869) of Benefact House 2000 Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth, Gloucester, United Kingdom, GL3 4AW.
- The Charity is: Matthew 25 Mission. A registered charity in England and Wales (1163389). A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales under company number 09649569. Registered address Brodie Hall Christchurch, Seaside, Eastbourne, England, BN22 7NN.
- The Donation is: the sum of £1 per Survey given by the Promoter to the Charity pursuant to these terms and conditions.
- All entrants must be 18 or over and have completed the Survey within the Survey Period. The Survey will be sent by the Promoter or by a broker of the Promoter (the “Broker”) inviting individuals to enter into the Survey.
- Entries must be made by completing the Survey. Only one Survey per entrant is permitted.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions overrides or discharges: (a) the duty of the Broker and/or the Promoter to treat customers fairly; or (b) any other legal or regulatory requirements which apply to the Broker or the Promoter. These terms and conditions shall not determine or influence where business is placed. The Broker is under no obligation to accept any proposal for insurance.
- Entry into the Survey is acceptance of these terms and conditions. The closing date and time for entries is 5pm on 29th April 2022. Surveys submitted after this date will be void and not accepted. The Promoter will accept no responsibility for Surveys that are lost, destroyed, misdirected, incomplete or not submitted or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of a Survey is not proof of receipt. Illegible entries will be void and will not be accepted.
- This Survey is not open to employees of the Promoter or any person directly or indirectly involved with the organisation of Survey.
- A Donation will be made by the Promoter directly to the Charity for every Survey received by the Promoter during the Survey Period. Each Donation will be paid directly by BACS payment to the Charity. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of the Charity to take up a Donation. Each Donation is not transferrable and is given at the Promoter’s sole discretion and is subject to (a) the terms set out in these terms and conditions; and (b) availability.
- No correspondence will be entered into, except that the Charity may be contacted in relation to promotional activity for the Survey.
- The Promoter’s liability under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be limited to the Donation, except that the Promoter does not exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law or regulation.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Survey. The Promoter shall have no financial or any other form of liability under or in connection with these terms and conditions. The Promoter disclaims liability for any damage to any person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Survey.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Survey with or without prior notice, due to reasons outside its control.
- The Survey will be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Your privacy is important to us. The controller in respect of the personal data which we may hold about you, is Ecclesiastical Insurance Office plc (company number 24869) who you can contact via the Data Protection Officer, at Benefact House 2000 Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth, Gloucester, United Kingdom, GL3 4AW or email at email@example.com.
We may collect your personal data and information that you provide on your Survey submission. This information may include basic personal details such as your name, email and occupation.
We will process your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
We will use your personal data for the purposes of running the Survey and for subsequent promotional activity in relation to the Survey, including but not limited to contacting you to discuss any feedback provided in your submission. We will process your personal data on the legal basis that the processing is necessary for our legitimate business needs to: (i) promote and administer the Survey and your participation in the Survey via your submission; and (ii) develop and improve the services that we offer.
You have the right to request a copy of all the personal data that we hold about you in a Subject Access Request in writing to our Data Protection Officer at Benefact House, 2000 Pioneer Avenue, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth, Gloucester, GL3 4AW or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal data that we may hold about you.