Charity Shop Connect
Comprehensive Charity Shop insurance with a flexible range of covers.
- Charity Shop Connect is an insurance product specifically designed for charity shop businesses and offers a flexible range of covers
- Cover can be arranged for your usual business activities in addition to:
- Office and administration work including clerical work away from the premises
- Collection and delivery work
- Maintenance of the premises and the storage of your property
- Our standard package cover includes:
- Tenants improvements
- Employers’ liability
- Personal accident assault
- Public and products liability
- Book debts
- Business interruption
- Personal accident
- Goods in transit
- Optional cover is available for:
- All risks
- Computer breakdown
- Fidelity guarantee
- Legal expenses
- Property owners liability
- Refrigerated contents
- Terrorism – for property damage and business interruption only (not available in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man).
Why Ansvar Charity Shop Insurance?
"Working with Ansvar has made a significant difference to our business. Their products are designed to be easily understood, give broad cover while maintaining affordability. Their people are always available, flexible and supportive. If only all insurers were like Ansvar."
Mark Pitcher, Director of Business Development, PolicyBee
- We specialise in insuring the third sector and our products are designed especially for this niche. We do not shoe-horn charities onto products designed for other types or risks.
- We are proud to be part of the Benefact Group – a charity owned, international family of specialist financial services companies, that gives all available profits to charity and good causes. We’re built on the idea that better business, can better lives.
- Every three years we run our Donation Programme which invites applications from charities involved in promoting healthy lifestyles to children and young adults. Money is then donated to the winning three charities to help them run their specific programmes.
- We pride ourselves on offering an excellent personal service and a fast and sympathetic response to claims.
- Not only do we insure the third sector, but we also run a local branch of a national charity ourselves – and have won awards for our work in setting this up and running it on a day-to-day basis.
Charity Shop Insurance FAQs
How long does the cover last?
Normally 12 months. We will send you a renewal notice approximately one month before the cover ends.
Is it possible to cancel the policy?
Yes, subject to certain terms and conditions, please see the Charity Shop insurance brochure
Can Ansvar cancel the policy?
Yes, we have the right to cancel the policy by giving 14 days’ notice. If we cancel the policy, we will refund the premium for the rest of the period of insurance.
How do I make a claim?
Call our 24-hour claims line on 0345 606 0431. See your policy documents and our claims page for more detailed guidance.
Download the product brochure for full details