Online only insurance designed for smaller charities with an annual income or turnover up to £100,000.
- Our online only Charity Protect insurance product is designed for small charities, not-for-profit organisations, social enterprises, and voluntary organisations
- It is for small charities and organisations with an annual income or turnover of under £100,000, assets of up to £500,000, a payroll of up to £100,000 and fewer than 100 volunteers or members
- We can meet the insurance needs of your organisation for the following activities:
- Office and administration work and storing your property
- Attending trade shows, exhibitions, conferences, meetings, and seminars
- Fundraising events (other than firework or bonfire events), if no more than 500 people will be attending
- Recreational activities
- Selling goods (including second-hand goods) as part of the above activities and for the benefits of your organisation
- You can also add additional cover for:
- All risks
- Business interruption (only available with property damage)
- Employer’s liability
- Legal expenses
- Money (including personal accident assault
- Personal accident
- Professional indemnity
- Property damage (for contents and stock)
- Reputational risks
- Trustees’ and directors’ indemnity
Why Ansvar Charity Protect Insurance?
- We specialise in insuring the third sector and our products are designed especially for this niche. We do not shoe-horn charities onto products designed for other types or risks.
- We are proud to be part of the Benefact Group – a charity owned, international family of specialist financial services companies, that gives all available profits to charity and good causes. We’re built on the idea that better business, can better lives.
- Every three years we run our Donation Programme which invites applications from charities involved in promoting healthy lifestyles to children and young adults. Money is then donated to the winning three charities to help them run their specific programmes.
- We pride ourselves on offering an excellent personal service and a fast and sympathetic response to claims.
- Not only do we insure the third sector, but we also run a local branch of a national charity ourselves – and have won awards for our work in setting this up and running it on a day-to-day basis.
Charity Protect Insurance FAQs
How long does the cover last?
Normally 12 months. We will send you a renewal notice approximately one month before the cover ends.
Is it possible to cancel the policy?
Yes, subject to certain terms and conditions, please see the Charity Protect Insurance brochure for more information.
Can Ansvar cancel the policy?
Yes, we have the right to cancel the policy by giving 14 days’ notice. If we cancel the policy, we will refund the premium for the rest of the period of insurance.
How do I make a claim?
Call our 24-hour claims line on 0345 606 0431. See your policy documents and our claims page for more detailed guidance..
Download the product brochure for full details.