Matthew 25 Mission
Every two years staff nominate a Sussex-based charity of their choice, which the company as a whole then vote for to become the ‘Ansvar Local Charity’ for the next two years.
Various activities and fundraisers take place throughout the year, including sponsored walks, cake bakes, dress down and volunteering days. All money raised by staff is matched by Ansvar.
Our current Local Charity is Matthew 25 Mission, an Eastbourne based charity supporting people trying to rebuild broken lives, especially life-threatening addiction, loneliness, bereavement, unemployment, homelessness and more.
They provide a listening ear and sympathetic pastoral care with information and advice as well as:
• Breakfast and lunch seven days a week to anyone in need 52 weeks a year
• Support to serve food and support the most vulnerable 2 evenings a week
• Food parcels and meals delivered to families and people in need
• Support, hope and motivation
• Directing people to specialist agencies while maintaining links of friendship and compassion and a safety net to help anyone who might be marginalised by society
• Encouragement through self-enabling a clear direction for each person or family
“On behalf of Matthew 25 Mission, thank you everyone at Ansvar for choosing the Mission. Your decision and generosity are a source of huge encouragement for our team. The support we receive from local people, churches and businesses is a key driver in our determination to continue to assist the most needy and marginalised in our community”