Church insurance for churches who own their own premises.
- Church Connect is insurance specifically designed for churches that own or lease their premises and takes into account the wide range of activities in which they are involved
- Churches provide a wide range of support for the communities in which they operate. We can meet the insurance needs of your church for the following activities:
- Meetings and services
- Young people’s work (including any church-run after-school care, nursery school, playgroup or youth group)
- Community work (including domestic work and domestic gardening)
- Selling religious and other items from your premises for the benefit of your church funds.
- Office and administration work and storing your property
- There are many other activities which present a higher risk of injury or damage so we will expect you to tell us about these and then we will confirm if they can be insured or not. Please see our product brochure for detailed examples of activities you should tell us about
- Our standard package insurance cover includes:
- Personal accident
- Business interruption
- Employers’ liability
- Public and products liability
- Trustees’ indemnity
- PR crisis communication
- Legal expenses
- Optional insurance cover includes:
- Buildings (including property owners’ liability)
- All risks (for specified or other property)
- Computer breakdown
- Fidelity guarantee
- Hirers’ liability (for other groups using your premises)
- Motor policy compensation
- Professional indemnity
- Terrorism (property damage in England, Wales and Scotland only)
- Cyber (A ‘Managing risk guide and summary of cover’ is available)
Why Ansvar Church and Church Building Insurance?
- We are proud to be part of the Benefact Group – a charity owned, international family of specialist financial services companies, that gives all available profits to charity and good causes. We’re built on the idea that better business, can better lives
- We specialise in insuring the third sector
- Every three years we run our Donation Programme which invites applications from charities involved in promoting healthy lifestyles to children and young adults. Money is then donated to the winning three charities to help them run their specific programmes
- We pride ourselves on offering an excellent personal service and a fast and sympathetic response to claims
- Not only do we insure the third sector, but we also run a local branch of a national charity ourselves – and have won awards for our work in setting this up and running it on a day-to-day basis
Church and Church Building Insurance FAQs
How long does the cover last?
Normally 12 months. We will send you a renewal notice approximately one month before the cover ends.
Is it possible to cancel the policy?
Yes, subject to certain terms and conditions, please see the Church Connect insurance brochure for more information.
Can Ansvar cancel the policy?
Yes, we have the right to cancel the policy by giving 14 days’ notice. If we cancel the policy, we will refund the premium for the rest of the period of insurance.
How do I make a claim?
Call our 24-hour claims line on 0345 0606 0431. See your policy documents and our claims page for more detailed guidance.
Download the product brochure for full details.