Care Home Insurance
Care Home Insurance for charities who provide accommodation for the elderly.
- Ansvar’s care home insurance is specially designed for charities with care homes that provide accommodation and care
- Insurance cover can be arranged for the usual care home activities:
- Provision of accommodation, activities, services and care
- Collection and delivery work
- Maintenance of the premises
- Office and administration work and the storage of your property
- Standard package cover:
- Employers’ liability
- Public and products liability
- Legal expenses
- Optional cover is available for:
- All risks – miscellaneous or specified items
- Personal accident
- Business interruption
- Book debts
- Refigerated contents
- Goods in transit
- Loss of registration (only available with Business interruption)
- Domiciliary care (work away from the care home)
- Terrorism (not available in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man)
Why Ansvar Care Home Insurance?
- We specialise in insuring the third sector and our products are designed especially for this niche. We do not shoe-horn charities onto products designed for other types or risks.
- We are proud to be part of the Benefact Group – a charity owned, international family of specialist financial services companies, that gives all available profits to charity and good causes. We’re built on the idea that better business, can better lives.
- Every three years we run our Donation Programme which invites applications from charities involved in promoting healthy lifestyles to children and young adults. Money is then donated to the winning three charities to help them run their specific programmes.
- We pride ourselves on offering an excellent personal service and a fast and sympathetic response to claims.
- Not only do we insure the third sector, but we also run a local branch of a national charity ourselves – and have won awards for our work in setting this up and running it on a day-to-day basis.
Care Home Insurance FAQs
How long does the cover last?
Normally 12 months. We will send you a renewal notice approximately one month before the cover ends.
Is it possible to cancel the policy?
Yes, subject to certain terms and conditions, please see the Care Home Insurance brochure for more information.
Can Ansvar cancel the policy?
Yes, we have the right to cancel the policy by giving 14 days’ notice. If we cancel the policy, we will refund the premium for the rest of the period of insurance.
How do I make a claim?
Call our 24-hour claims line on 0345 0606 0431. See your policy documents and our claims page for more detailed guidance.
Download the product brochure for full details.